The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing

The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing: Looking for Skulls!!

5 posters

THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE

Jampire
    Jampire

THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE Empty THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE

Post  Jampire Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:37 am

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this exciting news bulletin.

I played Casey today in a tough fought-match and won.
    We played Seize Ground w/4 objectives and a Spearhead deployment. When deploying the objectives I made sure to place my 2 near the middle of the board out of terrain where I would have a slight advantage. Everyone knows Elves of all types are sissies and they hug cover wherever possible. His Elves were no exception, which helped me later in the game.

It was a good game, started in his favor by melting my Land Raider with his Fire Dragons. I got a little too confident in my range guessing and they swooped in on their Wave Serpent and blasted it apart. My termies popped out and said 'Hello' back, killing them in close combat.

Around this time I put a ton of fire into his Pathfinders until I killed 2 of them and forced them to flee off one of the objectives. He retaliated by charging my Terminators with his Howling Banshees, killing all 5 of them. Ouch...

Next turn my Noise Marines pull up and do a drive-by Chaos style, popping outta their Rhino and Shooting them to almost-death. Doom Sirens rule. Str 5 AP 3 template for the win baby.

Other moments of note:
    His Wave Serpents NEVER dieing, Killing 6 Marines in one shot from a Dark Reaper Exarch, and a Farseer and a Banshee Exarch LOSING combat to a single Obliterator.

But the best moment of all was my Daemon prince swooping in turn 5 and Slaughtering 8 Dire Avengers and ELDRAD ULTHRAN in a single round of combat. His soul was almost tasty enough to satisfy my Daemon's hunger...

Back to eternal torment in the warp pathetic Eldar! Twisted Evil

Some thoughts...

In case you haven't noticed yet, troop choices are KING in 5th edition. If you don't have enough, it'll hurt.
    In this case, Casey had 4 Troops, same as me. The difference is 2 of his troop choices are 3 man units of jetbikes, which is a little fragile IMO. My list has 2 10-Man squads, 1 fearless 8-man squad, and 1 fearless 6-man squad. They're also Space marines which doesn't hurt. My past experiences playing Chaos Marines is that 10 Marines is waaay better than 8. Doesn't sound like much, but it helped me a lot this game.

Havoc Launchers on Rhinos are AMAZING. The amount of target saturation i can lay out with these puppies is nothing to scoff at. Need to kill 2+ cover save Pathfinders? Shoot them enough and some are bound to die. Just keep shooting, just keep shooting... Laughing Don't underestimate the power of multiple shots onto a target. You don't always need AP2 weapons to kill Terminators.

Anyways, just a little rant about my game today. If you have any questions about tactics, the game, painting, or whatever. Feel free to ask!
    Casey
    Casey

THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE Empty Re: THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE

Post  Casey Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 am

It was a well fought game, and Eldrad almost made it away, it was amusing none the less both rolling 6's for that roll. The Pathfinders havent failed me in any game until now, i guess they got tired after all those battles Mad My reserve rolls were terrible, warwalkers dancing around off the battlefield for to many turns, Scorpions playing in their sandbox till turn freaking 5 Rolling Eyes (they will never be in a list again, they failed me yet again and again, i nickname them Starscream from now on) I made alot of mistakes i shouldnt make during that game forgetting what Chaos Marines can do (IMO they are the best marines in the game). NEVER expected the flamer from the Slann marines, caught me way off gaurd. My hit rolls were god awful also even being twin linked. Jetbikes came in way to soon also, been thinking of making them a 4 man squads or a single squad and some guardians. Its a good thing my army makes clones of Eldrad for such a situation. I would def like a rematch Suspect
    heavyweponguy
    heavyweponguy

THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE Empty Re: THIS JUST IN... JARED OWNS CASEY'S FACE

Post  heavyweponguy Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:11 pm

it sounded like a close game but eldar wither under close combat especally agenst a demond prince lol
    Jampire
    Jampire

Post  Jampire Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 am

Yea, upon reflection Casey did have a few AWFUL rolls during the game. I stopped putting units in reserves almost entirely due to almost the same reasons.
    Reserves are great as long as you don't put TOO many units in it. You never know when they'll decide to forget where the battle is.

We shall have second blood soon Padawan.
    maxzilla
    maxzilla

Post  maxzilla Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:18 am

Oh, lmao
    thats awesome Laughing
    Furbs

Post  Furbs Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 pm

ill avenge you

jared's going down week 3

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:01 am