The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing

The Warlords of Khorne's Crossing: Looking for Skulls!!

2 posters

Pinning and You

Mystic
    Mystic

Pinning and You Empty Pinning and You

Post  Mystic Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Being a Tau player, pinning is a hotly contested and debated topic amoungst people that play the little blue guys.

Last week, I talked with the guys at the store about it, but in the interest of spurring some converstion here, I thought I would pose you all the same question:

How do you feel pinning should be handled? Should you roll for a pinning test per unsaved wound or once per shooting unit? The BRB covers it on page 31 (in the Black Reach version at least) and it isn't very clear and there has been no FAQ on it either that I have been able to find.

I'm looking forward to hearing you folks thoughts....
    Casey
    Casey

Pinning and You Empty Re: Pinning and You

Post  Casey Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:02 pm

The black reach rule book kinda summarizes things, so i dislike it as a source. If you cause a unsaved wound a pinning test is taken at the end of that phase if it is a pinning weapon. You can take morale or pinning test, choose which is taken first. If you fail a pinning test then fail a morale test you still run. If you fail a morale test you do not need to take the pinning test.
    Mystic
    Mystic

Post  Mystic Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Casey wrote:The black reach rule book kinda summarizes things, so i dislike it as a source.

I didn't realize it was incomplete. I'll have to go back and compare it to the Big Book just to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks for the head's up.

That's actually very disappointing to hear because I was pumped about being able to just carry the smaller book since I don't need the fluff when playing a game Shocked
    Casey
    Casey

Post  Casey Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:25 pm

it is a rulebuook, i have just noticed a kinda different wording in it. So its good since its small and you dont need the big one. But i always check both sources
    Mystic
    Mystic

Post  Mystic Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Ahhhh, I gotcha. Well now that I'm home I will compare the two to see if I missed anything, but I want to say Jared checked it at the store in the Big Book and it read the same.

All the same, thanks for the head's up.

<---Still a n00b here and trying to learn whatever and whenever I can Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:05 am